An innovative approach to using your smartphone for homeautomation
Android Open Accessory (AOA) is a simple and secure protocol forconnecting any microcontroller-empowered device to an Androidsmartphone or tablet. This unique book shows you how to use AOAwith Arduino, the microcontroller platform, in order to automateeveryday tasks in your homesuch as lighting, airconditioning, and entertainment systemswith your smartphone.Assuming basic knowledge of the Android framework, this visionaryauthor duo provides you with the tools you need to create powerful,sophisticated projects. Detailed explanations, helpful examples,and accessible prototypes all contribute to empowering you to takefull advantage of Android technology.
Professional Android Open Accessory Programming withArduino:
- Reviews the various options available for connecting anArduino-based prototype to an Android phone
- Covers the basics of data communication and introducesMQTT
- Guides you through setting up both Android and Arduino
- Demonstrates how to build an Android library and create Androidaccessory applications
- Describes the processes for building each of the featuredprojects, using various sensors and indicators/actuators
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.