- Plan, create, and promote effective white papers
- Pick the perfect style of white paper for your next project
- Manage a white paper project with a 12-step process
Discover how to write great white papers, and use them to boost your business!
White papers are a challenging form of content marketing that takes years to master. Luckily, this hands-on, friendly guide gives you a shortcut. Whether you're a marketing manager seeking to use white papers to promote your company, or a writer looking to break into this well-paying field, White Papers For Dummies gives you practical, step-by-step advice on planning, creating, and promoting effective white papers.
- Get started find out what white papers are, who reads them, and whether your company (or client) needs one
- Plan a white paper, fast pinpoint the audience, purpose, topic, key points, and call to action for your white paper
- Master highly effective habits discover how to think like a lawyer, write like a journalist, and promote like a madman to make your white paper a hit
- Tricks of the trade avoid common pitfalls that trap beginners creating their first white papers
- Reach your target audience get a crash course on ways to promote your white paper and get it discovered, read, and shared
Open the book and find:
- Why white papers are called "the king of content"
- The huge opportunity for writers
- Outlines for the three main types of white papers
- More than 40 ways to promote a white paper
- Tips on finding powerful sources
- Ten ways to improve a white paper title
- Advice for white paper designers
- How to use white papers throughout the sales process