- Set up your device, navigate the touchscreen, and connect to Wi-Fi
- Browse the web, e-mail, and read books and magazines
- Play music, watch movies, and download apps
IN FULL Color!
Enjoy movies, apps, e-books, games, and more on the hottest tablet in town — the Kindle Fire HD!
Your Kindle Fire HD is loaded with cool features, and this handy little book helps you get up and running quickly and easily. You'll learn how and where to buy the latest books, music, apps,and periodicals to personalize your Kindle Fire experience. You'll also discover how to set up your e-mail account, browse the web, make Skype calls, and stay connected everywhere you go.
- New to e-readers? — get acquainted with the interface, use the Carousel, and set up Wi-Fi
- Safety first — manage security settings and parental controls to protect your information and your kids
- About your account — see what Amazon Prime is all about, take advantage of free cloud storage, and shop the Amazon Appstore
- Silky-smooth browsing — personalize the Silk browser and learn to use its navigation tools to find your way around the web
- Sharing — find out how to borrow Kindle books and share book information on Facebook and Twitter
- Just a whisper — use the cool Whispersync feature with both books and audiobooks
Open the book and find:
- Hints for using Kindle Fire HD's pre-installed apps
- Tips on using the Options bar
- How to search, bookmark, or highlight an e-book
- Advice on adjusting settings
- Where to buy books, music, and video
- How to restrict Wi-Fi access with a password
- Top gaming apps for Kindle Fire HD