A complete guide to securing the Android operating system
The Android Hacker’s Handbook provides network security professionals and mobile device administrators with the specifics of the Android operating system from a security standpoint. This book explains how the operating system works, security risks associated with it, and the overall security architecture of the operating system. It also explains how vulnerabilities can be found in, and exploits developed for, various components of the system.
Written by some of the world’s foremost Android security researchers, the Android Hacker’s Handbook is the only resource of its kind to explore Android security on this level. This essential guide includes both implementation details as well as complexities introduced by the open nature of the OS.
- Become familiar with security implementation details, as well as complexities introduced by the open nature of the Android OS
- Avoid common security pitfalls and stay ahead of the latest smartphone hacking strategies
- Review the various types of attacks that have been successful against the Android OS
- Explore rooting and gain an understanding of the partition layout, boot process
- Understand the complex nature of the Android ecosystem, including the impact of various hardware vendors and software developers