Take your Java coding skills to the next level
There’s a reason that Java is one of the world's top programming languages. Programmers who are familiar with Java SE can easily move to building enterprise-level applications with Java EE that are secure, reliable, and scalable, without starting from square one. Professional Java for Web Applications is written with just this goal in mind. This book is for readers who already know Java SE, SQL, and basic HTML–established programmers who are ready to take their Java coding skills to the next level. Software developers can read this book from cover to cover or turn to individual sections for reference when specific Java programming questions arise.
Professional Java for Web Applications:
- Offers self-guided, self-study insights into Java coding for enterprise-level web applications
- Helps web application architects apply new concepts to their development teams’ projects and processes
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to the Java EE platform version 7 and many of the technologies within it
- Explores Servlets, JSPs, WebSockets, Spring Framework, AMQP, JPA and O/RMs, Spring Data, full-text searching, Apache Lucene and Hibernate Search, Spring Security, and OAuth
- Features extensive use of lambda expressions and the new JSR 310 Java 8 Date and Time API, both additions to Java SE 8
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.