Browsers have never been more vulnerable.
Are you prepared?
The browser has essentially become the operating system of the modern era, and with that comes vulnerabilities on a scale not yet seen in IT security. The Browser Hacker’s Handbook, written by an expert team of browser hackers, is the first book of its kind to offer a tutorial-based approach to understanding browser vulnerabilities and learning to defend your networks and critical systems from potential attacks.
This comprehensive guide will show you exactly how hackers target browsers and exploit their weaknesses to establish a beachhead and launch attacks deep into your network. Fight back with The Browser Hacker’s Handbook.
- Exploit the most common vulnerabilities of Firefox®, Internet Explorer®, and Chrome™, as well as other browsers
- Leverage browsers as pivot points into a target’s network when performing security assessments
- Initiate—and maintain—control over a target browser, giving you direct access to sensitive assets
- Exploit weaknesses in browser plugins and extensions, two of the most vulnerable entry points for the browser
- Use Inter-protocol Communication and Exploitation to further exploit internal network systems from the hooked browser
Visit the companion website at browserhacker.com to download all the code examples in this book.