- Navigate your iPad, get connected, browse the web, and use e-mail
- Make FaceTime video calls and stay in touch with Facebook and Messages
- Play games, watch movies, take and share photos, and use Siri
IN FULL COLOR!
It's portable, it's intuitive, and it's fun. It's the incredible iPad — and here's the guide to get you started!
The iPad is a cool tool for the 50+ crowd. It's small enough to take anywhere and packs a powerful punch. This friendly book walks you through your iPad's features — from fun stuff like sending e-mail and texts, sharing photos and video, and enjoying games, books, apps, and movies to creating Reminders, managing your calendar, and beyond.
- Start out right — explore the multitouch interface and get familiar with the built-in apps and Control Center
- The online world — shop, plan a vacation, watch the news, or just have some fun surfing the web with Safari
- Go mad for media — fill your iPad with your favorite music, books, photos, games, and TV shows and sync it all with iCloud
- On track — remember appointments and important dates with Reminders and manage your schedule with Calendar
- Your helper — ask Siri to pick a good restaurant, respond to your e-mail, or notify you when it's time to go
Open the book and find:
- Useful features for those with vision or hearing challenges
- Everything about sharing files and photos with AirDrop
- How to keep your iPad safe
- Help making FaceTime video calls
- How to share information with Messages and social media
- Advice on staying organized with Calendar and Notes
- Ways to get from Point A to Point B with Maps
- Secrets for making friends with Siri