Start programming with Java today
Beginning Java Programming, The Object-Oriented Approach is your introduction to Java. Providing hands on experience, this comprehensive beginner's guide gives you practical examples and real-world problems that will test your skills and provide a deep understanding of tasks, including getting Java to talk to your data, creating a graphical user interface, and much more. With complete coverage of basic concepts, syntax, external data, GUIs, and patterns, you will quickly become familiar with one of the most popular programming languages.
Beginning Java Programming: The Object-Oriented Approach
- Understand the basic concepts of Java, and the effective use of object-oriented patterns to streamline the developer's workflow
- Examine Java-specific syntax and language characteristics, and learn how the concepts of the object-oriented approach are implemented
- Use Java to quickly and easily access and manipulate external data stored in files, databases, and web sources
- Create applications users love to work with by designing efficient, accessible, attractive graphical user interfaces
- Test your skills on real-life IDE-based business and educational applications that demonstrate each concept
- Squash bugs and avoid programming errors by learning how to debug and test your applications.
- Familiarize yourself with the concept of best practice object-oriented design patterns to structure your projects.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.