For decades, all of the technologies that organizations used tomeasure and forecast their operations were a small niche inenterprise computing. That situation reversed itself a few yearsago, and now the inevitable emergence of big data demands clearthinking and advice.
Bill Schmarzo is the real deal. He shares his experience andknow-how freely in a book that lays it out without hype."
—Neil Raden, CEO & Principal Analyst, Hired BrainsResearch
Big Data offers good sense, practical guidance, and pragmatismin what is at present a confused, confusing, and overly theoreticalarea. Anyone venturing into the big data outback would do well tostick Bill's book in their backpack."
—Marc Demarest, CEO and Principal, Noumenal, Inc.
Bill is a leading voice in big data technology and the impact tobusiness, and is referred to in the industry as 'the Dean of BigData.' If you want the straight scoop on how and what to do withbig data, read Bill's book."
—John Furrier, Founder and CEO, SiliconANGLE Media,and co-host of @theCUBE
Learn to leverage big data and boost business value
Big data is more than another hot technology trend. In fact,it's as much about business transformation as about technology.It's about leveraging the unique, actionable insights gleaned aboutyour customers, products, and operations to rewire your valuecreation process and optimize your key business initiatives. Bigdata is about making money.
This book tackles big data business opportunities head-on.You'll find practical advice, techniques, methodologies,downloadable worksheets, and many examples gained from years ofworking with some of the world's leading analytics-drivenorganizations. You'll learn to:
- Leverage the Big Data Business Maturity Index to identify whereand how big data can deliver meaningful business value
- Identify the "right" metrics against which to measure thesuccess of your big data initiative
- Understand key big data technologies and advanced analyticdevelopments
- Leverage industry standard value creation models such asMichael Porter's Five Forces and Value Chain to identify how thebig data business drivers can impact your organization's keybusiness processes
- Summarize big data best practices, approaches, and valuecreation techniques into a Big Data Storymap to guide yourorganization