Build dynamic, data-driven websites with MVC 5
MVC 5 is the latest update to Microsoft’s popular MVC (Model-View-Controller) technology—an established web application framework that enables fast, TDD-friendly development. MVC allows developers to build dynamic, data-driven websites with sophisticated features, such as single page applications, mobile optimization, adaptive rendering, and more. Updated to cover new post-release features in MVC 5.1 and 5.2, this book offers step-by-step techniques to use MVC to its full advantage. Written by top ASP.NET MVC experts at Microsoft, along with visionaries in the field, the book’s practical tutorials reinforce concepts and allow developers to create their own applications.
Professional ASP.NET MVC 5:
- Explains how the ASP.NET MVC framework differs from other file-per-page web frameworks
- Covers controllers, views, models, forms, HTML helpers, data annotation and validation, membership, authorization, security, and routing
- Includes new coverage of One ASP.NET project templates, ASP.NET Identity, Bootstrap and Attribute routing
- Discusses essential topics such as Ajax, NuGet, dependency injection, unit testing, and extending MVC
- Features step-by-step guidance, real-world examples, and numerous code samples to move readers from the basic to the advanced
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.