Comprehensive guide to cabling technologies, updated to latest industry standards
If you’re someone who plans, builds, or maintains networks, you need to understand every type of copper and fiber optic cable used in the field. Cabling Part 1: LAN/Data Center Networks and Cabling Systems introduces you to a wide range of cables, components, media, connectors, and equipment you might encounter in your daily work. It’s a comprehensive look at the most up-to-date cabling technologies and the latest industry standards, fully endorsed by the Electronic Technician’s Association International.
- Examine both copper cable and fiber optics technology
- Get the basics of data cabling, specifications, and standards
- Choose the correct cabling for different systems and infrastructures
- Learn to properly design and install cable systems
- Test and troubleshoot cable systems to prevent and resolve problems
- Study real-life field experiences that put methods into action