Move forward with the updated Visual Studio 2013
This comprehensive guide provides programmers working on projects for the Windows platform a complete overview of Visual Studio 2013, including an in-depth exploration of the new features and changes that have come with the latest iteration. Author and Microsoft MVP Bruce Johnson provides a complete view of the new and updated tools featured in Visual Studio 2013 that make programming easier and more efficient. Topics include new shortcuts, UI testing capabilities, and customization options, along with changes to target SharePoint 2013, advanced debugging capabilities, the Data Compare function, and a host of others.
Professional Visual Studio 2013:
- Features a complete overview of changes to the Visual Studio Workspace, including auto brace completion, scroll bar states, and much more
- Explains refactoring options and how to use shortcuts to generate ASP.NET code
- Demonstrates the significant changes to the XAML editors for Windows Store applications and tooling in the IDE
- Uncovers tips for using Visual Database Tools, including a new Data Compare function and database unit testing
- Shares techniques for advanced debugging, including memory diagnostics and debugging for asynchronous calls
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.