Move forward with the updated Visual Studio 2013
This comprehensive guide provides programmers working onprojects for the Windows platform a complete overview of VisualStudio 2013, including an in-depth exploration of the new featuresand changes that have come with the latest iteration. Author andMicrosoft MVP Bruce Johnson provides a complete view of the new andupdated tools featured in Visual Studio 2013 that make programmingeasier and more efficient. Topics include new shortcuts, UI testingcapabilities, and customization options, along with changes totarget SharePoint 2013, advanced debugging capabilities, the DataCompare function, and a host of others.
Professional Visual Studio 2013:
- Features a complete overview of changes to the Visual StudioWorkspace, including auto brace completion, scroll bar states, andmuch more
- Explains refactoring options and how to use shortcuts togenerate ASP.NET code
- Demonstrates the significant changes to the XAML editors forWindows Store applications and tooling in the IDE
- Uncovers tips for using Visual Database Tools, including a newData Compare function and database unit testing
- Shares techniques for advanced debugging, including memorydiagnostics and debugging for asynchronous calls
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.