The best-selling guide to Xcode on the market, fully updated for Xcode 5
Xcode 5 Developer Reference takes readers step-by-step through the process of developing modern OS X® and iOS applications using Xcode, Apple’s free, object oriented programming environment. The book covers app development for Macs, iPhones, iPads, and the iPod Touch.
This book is a complete introduction to the lucrative world of Apple development, rapidly bringing readers up to speed on the complex environment and the latest version of Xcode. Written by an app expert with proven experience in teaching Apple development, the book includes well-reviewed tips plus guidance on creating killer apps.
- Become familiar with Xcode 5’s interface and new features
- Design and extend stylish new interfaces with Interface Builder
- Explore code snippets, refactoring, and other timesaving features
- Write fast, rock-solid code with Instruments and the Xcode debugger
- Master schemes and provisioning to build apps for testing and the App Store
- Create apps with Xcode’s standard templates and learn how to modify them
Apple’s Xcode suite contains gigabytes of documentation, sample code, utilities, and companion applications, all of which are covered in this book. You can keep things simple and click to build, or explore Xcode’s advanced features and get creative.
Xcode 5 Developer Reference is the ultimate guide to the Xcode suite, and is ideal for anyone working on a wide range of Apple apps.