The best-selling guide to Xcode on the market, fully updatedfor Xcode 5
Xcode 5 Developer Reference takes readers step-by-stepthrough the process of developing modern OS X® andiOS applications using Xcode, Apple’s free, object orientedprogramming environment. The book covers app development for Macs,iPhones, iPads, and the iPod Touch.
This book is a complete introduction to the lucrative world ofApple development, rapidly bringing readers up to speed on thecomplex environment and the latest version of Xcode. Written by anapp expert with proven experience in teaching Apple development,the book includes well-reviewed tips plus guidance on creatingkiller apps.
- Become familiar with Xcode 5’s interface and newfeatures
- Design and extend stylish new interfaces with InterfaceBuilder
- Explore code snippets, refactoring, and other timesavingfeatures
- Write fast, rock-solid code with Instruments and the Xcodedebugger
- Master schemes and provisioning to build apps for testing andthe App Store
- Create apps with Xcode’s standard templates and learn howto modify them
Apple’s Xcode suite contains gigabytes of documentation,sample code, utilities, and companion applications, all of whichare covered in this book. You can keep things simple and click tobuild, or explore Xcode’s advanced features and getcreative.
Xcode 5 Developer Reference is the ultimate guide to theXcode suite, and is ideal for anyone working on a wide range ofApple apps.