Learn C++ Programming—and Visual C++ 2013—the faster, easier way
This latest edition of the bestselling book on the C++ language follows the proven approach that has made all of Ivor Horton’s C++ books so popular. Horton provides a comprehensive introduction to both the Standard C++ language, and to Visual C++. The book—thoroughly updated for the 2013 release—shows readers how to build real-world applications using Visual C++. No previous programming experience is required. The author uses numerous step-by-step programming examples to guide readers through the ins and outs of C++ development.
Ivor Horton’s Beginning Visual C++ 2013:
- Introduces basic C++ programming concepts and the main ideas embodied in the Visual C++ development environment
- Explains the C++ language from simple procedural programs to classes and object-oriented programming
- Demonstrates how to apply the Standard Template Library (STL) in a wide range of contexts
- Reveals the essential elements present in every Windows desktop application
- Shows how to write Windows applications using the MFC for building a graphical user interface
- Shows how you develop Windows Store apps through a working example of a game that executes under Windows® 8
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.