Learn C++ Programming—and Visual C++ 2013—thefaster, easier way
This latest edition of the bestselling book on the C++ languagefollows the proven approach that has made all of IvorHorton’s C++ books so popular. Horton provides acomprehensive introduction to both the Standard C++ language, andto Visual C++. The book—thoroughly updated for the 2013release—shows readers how to build real-world applicationsusing Visual C++. No previous programming experience is required.The author uses numerous step-by-step programming examples to guidereaders through the ins and outs of C++ development.
Ivor Horton’s Beginning Visual C++ 2013:
- Introduces basic C++ programming concepts and the main ideasembodied in the Visual C++ development environment
- Explains the C++ language from simple procedural programs toclasses and object-oriented programming
- Demonstrates how to apply the Standard Template Library (STL)in a wide range of contexts
- Reveals the essential elements present in every Windows desktopapplication
- Shows how to write Windows applications using the MFC forbuilding a graphical user interface
- Shows how you develop Windows Store apps through a workingexample of a game that executes under Windows®8
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learningprogramming languages and technologies easier than you think,providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you throughall the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.