Build your ASP.NET 4.5.1 skills with real-world instruction
In this comprehensive guide to getting started with ASP.NET 4.5.1, best-selling author Imar Spaanjaars provides a firm foundation for coders new to ASP.NET and key insights for those not yet familiar with the important updates in the 4.5.1 release. Readers will learn how to build full-featured ASP.NET websites using Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web, Microsoft’s free development tool for ASP.NET web applications. Beginning ASP.NET 4.5.1 guides you through the process of creating a fully functional, database-driven website, from creation of the most basic site structure all the way down to the successful deployment of the website to a production environment.
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5.1: in C# and VB:
- Explains how to get started with ASP.NET 4.5.1, including an introduction to Microsoft’s Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web
- Features helpful examples for designing websites with CSS and HTML and how to overcome common formatting problems
- Shares techniques for managing server controls in ASP.NET, including standard controls, HTML controls, and data controls
- Demonstrates real-world tips for creating consistent page layouts throughout your websites
- Covers practical functionality issues like validating user input, sending e-mail from your website, and processing data at the server
- Explains what the ASP.NET state engine is and why it is important
- Shows how to access and modify data in a SQL Server database
- Includes coverage of jQuery, LINQ, and the entity framework
- Explores measures to take for optimal security
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that guides you through all the techniques involved.