Get up to speed with C# 5.0 and its use with Visual Studio
This comprehensive reference provides a thorough introduction to the latest C# language standard—C# 5.0—and its implementation in Visual Studio. It presents the basics of C# programming in a style accessible to all levels of programmers. The book then moves on to cover a range of advanced topics, including regular expressions, asynchronous and parallel programming, serialization, and encryption techniques. The reference section allows programmers to locate information quickly for specific language features. The appendices enable readers to quickly review the details of important programming techniques, syntax, and Framework classes.
C# 5.0 Programmer’s Reference:
- Describes the C# language and related tools including LINQ, streams, file system objects, and network classes
- Presents fundamental concepts in object-oriented programming (OOP) with C# and explains how to define classes and object hierarchies
- Reveals how an application interacts with its environment and shows how the program can create printouts, use configuration files, and more
- Features advanced topics, including pattern recognition, parallel programming, databases, XML, and reflection
- Provides a categorized reference for the C# language
Wrox Programmer’s References are designed to give the experienced developer straight facts on a new technology, without hype or unnecessary explanations. They deliver hard information with plenty of practical examples to help you apply new tools to your development projects today.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.