Master the latest release of the C++ language, C++14
This book is a practical, code-intensive guide to designing and building C++ applications, fully updated for the C++14 release. The lessons emphasize good programming style, and how to think in C++ to design effective solutions that maximize the language’s capabilities. Drill down into the language to understand the more complex elements of the feature set, and learn the tricks and techniques that steer you away from common pitfalls. The new C++14 information is highlighted for quick reference, helping you get up to speed on the major changes that impact application building.
Professional C++ Third Edition:
- Learn by example, working with challenging, real-world program segments available to download
- Study detailed case examples with extensive working code tested on Windows and Linux
- Discover the tips, tricks, and workarounds that lead to good programming style, including best practices for debugging
- Work with C++14’s new language features, including function return type deduction, binary literals, generic lambdas, and lambda capture expressions
- Get up to date with the latest standard library features, like make_unique, transparent function objects, tuple addressing via type, and shared mutex and lock classes
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.