Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2015
NO EXPERIENCED REQUIRED
This tutorial-based guide to Revit Architecture gets you started quickly with concise explanations, focused examples, and step-by-step instructions developed by Revit guru Eric Wing while training thousands of architects and engineers on this industry-leading BIM software.
After a detailed introduction to the interface and Revit conventions, you’ll jump right into modeling a four-story office building, first placing walls, doors, and windows, and then delving into Revit’s tools so that you fully understand views, grids, and the program’s editing capabilities. The comprehensive tutorial then walks you through every phase of a real-world building design project, sharing professional tips on how to master Revit’s powerful design tools and features.
- Work with structural grids, beams, and foundations
- Understand how to use dimensions as a design tool
- Learn how to generate construction documentation, including how to add tags, create schedules and material takeoffs, and use formulas in schedules
- Explore crucial site considerations, including grading, site components, and toposurface features
- Work with materials and Revit’s rendering capabilities
- Import and export files to various formats, explore phase management, and create worksets for effective work sharing