THE PERFECT PRIMER ON MAYA 2015
Maya software is a top choice for 3D professionals creating the stunning characters and visual effects you see in today’s films, games, commercials, and other animation. If you want to develop professional-level Maya and 3D skills, the new edition of this top-selling book is the best place to start.
The book builds from the ground up, combining straightforward text with practical examples that make it easy to absorb the basics and start building and animating your own digital models and scenes. Follow fun and challenging step-by-step lessons while you learn by doing using downloadable project files and support video tutorials to round out the experience.
- Learn CG and 3D core concepts and production workflows
- Get a fast, thorough lesson on the Maya user interface and its menus and plug-ins
- Build a simple animation of the planets in the solar system, right away
- Explore the basics of NURBS, polygons, modeling, and new NEX tools
- Create a decorative box, a steam locomotive, a starfish, a child’s table lamp, and more
- Rig for animation and use nCloth to create cloth motion, such as a flag blowing in the wind
- Master HDRI lighting, mental ray rendering, dynamics, simulations, and effects