The perfect resource for all AutoCAD users
If you work with AutoCAD, this is the book you’ll want to have close at hand. Authors and Autodesk University instructors Ellen Finkelstein and Lee Ambrosius guide you through AutoCAD 2015 and AutoCAD LT 2015 with clear, easy-to-understand instruction and hands-on tutorials that allow you to create a design on your very first day. Simple and fundamental enough to be used as a beginning guide to CAD, this book also serves as a comprehensive reference as your skills progress.
- Get a quick tour of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT basics
- Learn how to master all of the commands and procedures for drawing and editing in two dimensions
- Organize and share data, including using blocks, attributes, and external references
- Present 3D models using shading and rendering techniques
- Keep control of your drawings, work with external content, and create electronic output for sharing and collaboration purposes
- Customize the user interface, use macros, and create custom drawing elements, including shapes, hatch patterns, and linetypes
- Program AutoCAD with AutoLISP, VBA, and VB.NET like a professional
Find real-world drawings for each tutorial, plus bonus chapters on the companion website.