MASTER THE ABILITY TO APPLY BIG DATA ANALYTICS TO MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF STRUCTURED AND UNSTRUCTURED DATA
Cognitive computing is a technique that allows humans and computers to collaborate in order to gain insights and knowledge from data by uncovering patterns and anomalies. This comprehensive guide explains the underlying technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, and big data analytics. It then demonstrates how you can use these technologies to transform your organization.
You will explore how different vendors and different industries are applying this emerging technology to help customers gain insights and take actions from their data. You will study detailed case histories from the financial, healthcare, and manufacturing industries, with step-by-step examinations of the design and testing of cognitive systems. You will benefit from the expert perspectives of organizations such as Welltok, Cleveland Clinic, and Memorial Sloan-Kettering as well as commercial vendors such as IBM, Google, Amazon, Hitachi, Dell, Cisco, and Numenta that are creating solutions, and demonstrating real-world implementation of cognitive computing systems. This book will go into detail about IBM’s Watson platform and how it has influenced the development of cognitive computing.
Cognitive systems are ushering in a new era of computing. In this book, you will learn how these technologies can enable emerging firms to compete with entrenched giants and forward-thinking, established organizations to disrupt their industries. You will gain both the theoretical and practical guidance you need to apply this technology, including:
- How cognitive computing is evolving from promise to reality
- Foundational services that are part of a cognitive computing system
- The distinguishing features of a cognitive computing system and how they work
- How to determine the underlying advanced analytics that support the development of a cognitive system
- The role of cloud and distributed computing
- Techniques for building a cognitive application
- Ways to leverage cognitive computing capabilities to transform your organization