Boost your Python skills with practical real-world projects
Bridging the gap between learning and doing, this book walks you through the “where” and “how” of real-world Python programming with practical, actionable guidance. Focused on functionality, the hands-on instruction covers the basic application set-up and library construction and packaging to help you move beyond tutorials and start building projects, with the help of veteran Python trainers who provide valuable insight along the way. You should be familiar with the basic syntax of the core Python language, and ready to develop your skills to become proficient in the practical application of this top programming language.
- Learn how Python works in the real world to complete daily tasks and bring efficiency to business
- Discover how libraries work, where to use them, and the best places to get them
- Set up development environments using Virtualenv, Pip, and more
- Create, package, and share libraries with other users in the Python community
- Build projects with a layered approach, using libraries to add function at each iteration
- Apply Python to real-world intermediate-level projects to gain confidence for larger open-source projects
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.