Bring gadgets to life with this HANDS-ON guide to Arduino programming.
For the electronics hobbyist, the open-source Arduino microcontroller is a dream come true. It's easy to build, easy to program, requires no specialized hardware, and its popularity has inspired even the major tech companies to develop compatible products. Arduino Sketches is a your, comprehensive guide to getting the most out of your Arduino setup, providing expert programming instruction and hands-on practice to test your skills. You'll find coverage of the various Arduino boards, detailed explanations of each standard library, and guidance on creating libraries from scratch – plus practical examples that demonstrate the everyday use of the skills you're learning. Work on increasingly advanced programming projects, and gain more control as you take full advantage of the Arduino API by learning the tips and tricks that will broaden your skillset.
The Arduino development board comes with an embedded processor and sockets that allow you to quickly attach peripherals without tools or solders. This book presents the fundamentals in a way that helps you apply future additions to the Arduino language, so your skills will continue to develop and never become obsolete. Accessible to tech lovers at any level, this useful guide allows you to learn at your own pace and go as deep as you want to go without getting bogged down with information you won't use.
If you're looking to explore Arduino programming, Arduino Sketches is the toolbox you need to start learning how to:
- Communicate through Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB, and Firmata
- Find, import, and update user libraries to get up and running faster
- Explore device-specific libraries created specifically for peripherals
- Build your own libraries and shields for a custom experience
- Enhance communication with Arduino Due, Esplora, Yun, and Robot boards
- Control a computer's keystrokes and cursor movement remotely
- Play audio files, control LED lights, and more