View your app through a hacker's eyes
IT security breaches make headlines almost daily. With both personal and corporate information being carried in so many pockets, mobile applications on the iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phones are a fertile field for hackers. To discover the true vulnerabilities in a mobile app, you must look at it as a hacker does.
This practical guide focuses relentlessly on the hacker's approach, helping you secure mobile apps by demonstrating how hackers exploit weak points and flaws to gain access to data. Discover a proven methodology for approaching mobile application assessments and the techniques used to prevent, disrupt, and remediate the various types of attacks.
- Understand the ways data can be stored and how hackers can defeat cryptography
- Set up an environment in which insecurities and data leakages can be identified
- Develop extensions to bypass security controls and perform injection attacks for testing
- Identify the different types of attacks that apply specifically to cross-platform apps
- Recognize how hackers bypass security controls such as jailbreak/root detection, tamper detection, runtime protection, and anti-debugging
- Implement a generic methodology for mobile application testing
“..there is a shocking lack of published material on the topic of mobile security. The Mobile Application Hacker’s Handbook seeks to change this and be a positive movement to educating others in the topic of mobile security awareness.” (Vigilance-Security Magazine, March 2015)