Complete introduction to building robust and reliable software
Beginning Software Engineering demystifies the software engineering methodologies and techniques that professional developers use to design and build robust, efficient, and consistently reliable software. Assuming no prior programming, development, or management experience, this accessible guide uses numerous case studies to demonstrate important concepts and techniques that can be applied to any programming language. Each chapter ends with exercises that test your understanding and help you elaborate on the chapter's main concepts. Covers complete essential tasks within all development approaches including waterfall, Sashimi, agile, RAD, Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, and more.
Beginning Software Engineering:
- Details the concept of software engineering
- Explains the roles and responsibilities of team members working on a software engineering project
- Outlines key phases that any software engineering effort must handle to produce applications that are powerful and dependable
- Details the most popular software development methodologies and explains the different ways they handle critical development tasks
- Incorporates exercises that expand upon each chapter's main ideas
- Includes an extensive glossary of software engineering terms
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.