Master the Linux command line and shell scripts
The Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible, 3rd Edition is the ultimate roadmap to direct communication with your system. The third edition has been fully updated to align with the latest Linux features and best practices, and the abundant examples of working scripts demonstrate how and where they’re applied in real-world situations.
With more than 25% new material including 30 pages of new functional script examples, Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible shows you how to:
“Comprehensive guide full of useful insight into the what, why, how, and when of scripting.” (MagPi, February 2016)
- Automate tasks with simple script utilities
- Create shell scripts and understand good shell behavior
- Manage filesystems and software packages
- Work with nano, KDE, and GNOME editors
- Learn structured commands, text manipulation, and regular expressions
- Write practical scripts for e-mail, databases, and the web
- Optimize the environment, fine-tune scripts, and more!