Master the Android Wear platform and join the wearable revolution
Wearables are the next wave of mobile technology, and Google’s just-released Android Wear SDK has opened up a whole world of exciting development possibilities. Professional Android Wearables invites you into the very latest mobile platform with hands-on instruction for building Android Wear apps. The authors—two leading researchers in wearable technology—explain the new paradigm of device-extending wearables and provide the toolset you need to make your Android Wear app ideas a reality. Get in on the ground floor of wearable app development with Professional Android Wearables.
Professional Android Wearables
- Provides experienced and novice Android developers with hands-on instruction in creating apps using Google’s new Android Wear SDK
- Explores the future of wearable devices and pervasive Internet connectivity, providing the background you need to take best advantage of the trend
- Describes every step in the process of setting up an Android Wear development and testing environment
- Demonstrates how to create notifications, use voice input, work with round screens, and push data in Wear
- Features downloadable source code for three start-to-finish, real-world projects
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.