Enhance network security with both offensive and defensive strategies
It's not enough just to defend your network against attack. For truly effective security, you need both defensive and offensive strategies in a unified framework. This book provides a clear, comprehensive roadmap for developing a complete offensive and defensive strategy to engage in or thwart hacking and computer espionage.
Written by an expert in both government and corporate vulnerability and security operations, this guide takes you beyond the individual technologies to help you develop durable, far-reaching solutions. More than introducing tools and how to use them, it provides an essential understanding of the inherent properties of computer operations and the principles of network attack and exploitation. Supported by real-world examples, this book outlines the approaches that work, the tools that work, and the resources needed to apply them. You will:
- Understand the fundamental concepts of computer exploitation
- Learn the nature of systematic attacks and the tools that are used
- Examine offensive strategies and how hackers will attempt to maintain their advantage
- Gain a better understanding of defensive strategy
- See how current approaches fail to change the strategic balance
- Be able to mount a robust offense or a strategically sound defense against attacks and exploitation
Where network security is concerned, we operate in a world where laws and customs are still evolving. In this book, you will find clear guidance toward strategy, tools, and implementation, with practical advice on blocking systematic computer espionage and the theft of information.