- Configure SPSS to produce better results
- Get data into and out of SPSS
- Produce graphs that best display your data
- Extend SPSS with programming options
Need to use SPSS Statistics? Feel lost? Worry no more—here's your complete, plain-English guide!
If you work in a field that uses SPSS Statistics, you may have found it a little overwhelming. This fully updated book is the answer! These clear, easy-to-follow instructions get you up and running and show you to how to get the most from SPSS and your data. Learn to perform predictive analysis, interpret data with graphs, and more — no math required!
- Lay the groundwork — install and configure SPSS and learn the basics of how it works
- Data in, data out — master the process of getting data into SPSS and manipulating it to produce results
- Get graphic — see how to display data in dozens of different graphic formats to fit specific needs
- Amazing analysis — make SPSS manufacture the numbers you want and take advantage of the many analysis options
- Make it your own — discover ways to customize the SPSS interface and the look of your results, edit graphics and pivot tables, and program SPSS with Command Syntax
Visit the companion website at www.dummies.com/go/spssstatistics to find articles and files that illustrate specific capabilities of SPSS, designed especially for this book.
Open the book and find:
- Step-by-step procedures that show how SPSS works
- What you need to know about entering data
- Ways to create new variables
- Steps for building great graphs
- Advice on analyzing different types of data
- How to create customized results
- Tips on making SPSS do your bidding
- Cool SPSS add-ons