Learn to Create and Manage a Public Cloud with Azure
Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services offers an economical, customizable cloud solution for the storage and access needs of today's industry. This book will help you become knowledgeable and effective in architecting and managing an Azure-based public cloud environment.
You will examine infrastructure-related services, including VMs in Azure, storage, networking, and some complementary technologies. Step-by-step guidance shows you how to automate processes using technologies like PowerShell, integrate Azure with your on-premises infrastructure to create a hybrid solution, and even use Azure for disaster recovery. A downloadable app provides easy access to external links, videos, and code samples that will be regularly updated. Here's everything you need to understand, evaluate, deploy, and maintain environments that utilize Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding costs, options, and cost savings of IaaS
- Customizing VM storage and using virtual networks
- Enabling external and on-premises connectivity
- Extending AD to Azure and Azure AD
- Setting up replication, backup, and disaster recovery
- Customizing Azure templates
- Managing hybrid environments
- Using additional Azure services
- Implementing and maintaining your Azure plan
Free companion app available in the Windows Store for Windows 8.1, Master Azure IaaS, with links, code, and videos.
Create, deploy, and maintain a public cloud
Enable external connectivity to Azure virtual machines
Compare Azure Active Directory with Active Directory Domain Services
Architect, configure, and manage Virtual Networks
Embrace the hybrid environment and exploit key technologies