Master Swift and start building interactive, fun, and fast iOS and OS X apps.
Discover, master, and build with Swift, Apple’s new programming language for iOS and OS X® development. This step-by-step beginner’s guide has what you need to start building dynamic Mac and iPhone apps. Veteran developer and technology trainer Wei-Meng Lee shares real-world examples, deciphers little-known features, and reveals the advantages of Swift, including increased app speed and safety. Through programmer-to-programmer real-world instruction, you’ll discover good programming style and methodologies that will increase the quality of your apps and have you up and running in no time.
Beginning Swift Programming:
- Provides real-world, expert instruction for creating iPhone® and Mac® apps using Swift
- Helps you take advantage of Swift’s fast, secure, and flexible built-in features
- Includes detailed code examples
- Offers a complete overview of data types, strings and characters, operators and functions, arrays, dictionaries, and more
- Examines control flow and looping, classes and objects, class inheritance, protocols and delegates, generics, and closures
- Demonstrates the benefits of building apps with Swift
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.