Everything you need to transition from Objective-C to Swift
Apple developed Swift to provide a cleaner, less error-prone code that helps programmers build faster, more scalable, more secure OS X® and iOS applications. Written for the experienced programmer, this book provides an in-depth, code-intensive tour of Swift programming, so busy professionals can quickly get back to work. Coverage begins with the fundamentals and builds up to advanced techniques, with best practices highlighted along the way. Swift is set to replace Objective-C as the core programming language for Mac and iPhone applications, and this is your master guide to make the transition smooth and painless.
- Explains the Swift data types, operators, functions, and conditional statements that build a solid Swift program
- Works with classes, structs, enums, and properties, and explores concurrency with loops, asynchronous methods, and more
- Covers web services interfacing and delves into data storage and the core data stack
- Demonstrates how to boost application functionality with class extensions, protocols, type casting, tuples, and custom operators
- Gives you the tools to make Swift play nicely with Objective-C®, C, and C++, so previous work remains functional
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.