- Get your Raspberry Pi up and running
- Learn to program with Scratch and Python®
- Write games, build websites, and make art
Start creating cool stuff now!
Want to create a game or a website, make music, or build an electronic project? You can, with Raspberry Pi! This book shows you how to set up and run Pi, plus how to program with Scratch, create art with Tux Paint, play Minecraft in Python, and more!
- Make a Pi — get the parts, download the "brains", set up your Pi, and explore the
- Get started with game coding — learn how to use Scratch and Python to draw graphics and make smart code
- More fun — play music with Sonic Pi or make a web cam or web thermometer
- Play Minecraft — use Python to build amazing scenes in Minecraft
The fun and easy way for kids to learn new skills on their own!
Or with a little help from friends, family, and teachers. “Remembering the intended target audience, the inevitable setting up chapters are both necessary and well judged, with details on cables and other information to enable younger makers to get going without adult help. Ignoring the ‘For Kids’ branding, this book would be a valuable start for any nervous adult computer user keen to gain Pi enlightenment.” (MagPi, September 2015)