Covers 100% of exam objectives, including advanced class design, functional programming, concurrency, JDBC, and much more...
Includes online interactive learning environment with:
+3 custom practice exams
+More than 250 electronic flashcards
+Searchable key term glossary
Your Complete Guide to preparing for OCP Exam 1Z0-809
The OCP, Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer II Study Guide is your one-stop resource for complete coverage of Exam 1Z0-809. This Sybex Study Guide covers 100% of exam objectives and guides you through the process of re-learning key Java APIs, now that nearly every framework in Java 8 has been updated to include lambda expressions and streams. You'll prepare for the exam smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to superior content including assessment tests that check exam readiness, key topic exam essentials, an appendix custom tailored for those taking the upgrade Exams 1Z0-810 or 1Z0-813, and much more. Reinforce what you have learned with the Sybex online learning environment and test bank, accessible across multiple devices. Get prepared for the OCP exam with Sybex.
Coverage of 100% of all exam objectives in this Study Guide means you'll be ready for:
- Creating and applying lambda expressions
- Demonstrating functional programming competence
- Applying Object-Oriented design principles and design patterns
- Working with generics, collections, and class design
- Inheriting abstract classes and interfaces
- Dealing with exceptions and assertions
- Working with IO, NIO.2, JDBC, threads, and concurrency
- Handling advanced strings and localization
Interactive learning environment
Take your exam prep to the next level with Sybex's superior interactive online study tools. To access our learning environment, simply visit
, type in your unique PIN, and instantly gain access to:
- Interactive test bank with 3 bonus practice exams. Practice exams help you identify areas where further review is needed. Get more than 90% of the answers correct, and you're ready to take the certification exam. 180 questions total!
- More than 250 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce learning and last minute prep before the exam
- Comprehensive glossary in PDF format gives you instant access to the key terms so you are fully prepared