Streamline your workflow as you learn to write better code
Python is powerful, dynamic, and the fastest-growing programming language. While it offers many tools for writing advanced, concise, and maintainable code, a clear explanation of the techniques has been greatly lacking. This guide provides the primer you need to unlock all the power of Python. Full explanations of each concept, discussions about applications, and hands-on tutorials teach you to design better architecture and write code that result in more robust and efficient applications. If you are already familiar with Python and ready to access all it has to offer, this book is for you.
- Covers all the features of the language, including functions and how to apply decorators, context managers, and generators
- Examines Python's classes and object model, metaclasses, class factories, and abstract base classes
- Demonstrates how to navigate using Unicode strings and how strings differ between Python 2 and Python 3
- Provides an in-depth look at the distinctions between Python 2 and Python 3 and how to write code interoperable with both
- Explores unit testing, command-line interface tools, and the new asynchronous programming library
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job. “Sneeringer’s book doesn’t duplicate titles which tell you everything there is to know; instead, it takes key powerful features, grouped by sensible examples, then tells you what you need to know about them and shows you how to use them…All in all, a good second Python book if you’re beginning to spend more time with the language.” (MagPi, February 2016)