Start building amazing iPhone® and iPad® apps with Swift
Apple's new Swift programming language combines modern scripting features with simpler, cleaner syntax for more expressive code. With this book and the video lessons on its companion website, you will quickly master the fundamentals of Swift even without previous programming experience. Each easy-to-follow lesson teaches a specific technique or concept, with screenshots, step-by-step instructions, video, and exercises to reinforce learning. You'll set up a development environment, get acquainted with the fundamentals, learn to accomplish common tasks, move into data storage and network programming, and finally apply your skills to actual app creation and distribution.
Swift™ iOS 24-Hour Trainer:
- Introduces fundamental Swift concepts such as object-oriented programming, optionals, statements, expressions, closures, optional unwrapping, and exception handling
- Demonstrates common concepts such as alert views, collection views, tab bars, Core Motion, Map Kit, and Core Location
- Explores Storyboards and adaptive layout techniques
- Introduces Test Driven Development practices for iOS development
- Covers distributing test builds to internal and external testers using TestFlight® and submitting apps to iTunes®Connect
- Explores advanced concepts such as UI Testing with Xcode® and building cloud-enabled apps using iCloud® and CloudKit™
More than 6 hours of video training
Each Lesson in this book is accompanied by an online instructional demonstration video to reinforce what you learn. Regardless of your learning style, you can now quickly master the basics and expand your skill set with this step-by-step multi-platform learning experience.