The step-by-step, beginner guide to Visual Studio 2015
Visual Basic is an ideal beginner's language because it's versatile, visual, and easy-to-use. This book is designed specifically for new programmers, with clear explanations and step-by-step instruction to help beginners start programming quickly, and comprehensive coverage of Visual Studio's latest features to help streamline the workflow. Start with the fundamentals to build the critical programming skill set, or dip in and out as needed to find quick guidance on ASP.NET, SQL Server, ADO.NET, and XML. This patient guide assumes no prior experience, providing detailed explanations and plenty of hands-on practice.
Beginning Visual Basic 2015:
- Walks through the Visual Basic installation, tools, and interface to create a simple application
- Explains the .NET framework and the fundamentals of writing software for Windows® or the web
- Provides expert tips for working with data structures, dialogs, menus, and more
- Shows how to access data and program databases using SQL Server® and ADO.NET
- Leads step-by-step through web application and website development using ASP.NET
- Demonstrates a variety of methods for debugging and handling the different types of errors
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.