Sharpen your C# and .NET skills with this professional guide
The introduction of Visual Studio 2015, ASP.NET Core 1.0, and the Universal Windows Platform offers developers new ways to interact with C# in creating apps. This top-selling Wrox guide provides all the information you need to take full advantage of the upgrades and actively streamline your workflow. You'll find step-by-step instruction on the latest changes to Visual Studio 2015, .NET Core 1.0, ASP.NET Core 1.0 MVC the Universal Windows Platform, WPF, and more. Each chapter offers clear explanations, code downloads, and valuable insight from an expert. Get up to speed on the newest features and capabilities with a reference you'll consult time and again.
Professional C# 6 and .NET Core 1.0:
- Explains the reimagined .NET Platform with .NET Core and the great enhancements of C# 6, including the new .NET compiler platform
- Shows you how to use new Visual Studio tools and templates for ASP.NET Core 1.0, MVC ASP.NET Web API, WPF, and the Universal Windows Platform
- Covers the framework of .NET Core that allows running applications not only on Windows® but also on Linux® and OS X®, including tasks and parallel programming, accessing the file system, and the networking stack
- Demonstrates creating web applications with ASP.NET Core 1.0 MVC and Web API, as well as push notifications with SignalR and WebHooks
- Prepares you to take advantage of professional developer features such as unit testing as well as sharing code between WPF and the Universal Windows Platform using the MVVM pattern
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.