- Set up your tablet, configure the Home screen, and get connected
- Surf the web, use email, text and video chat, and use social media to keep in touch with friends and family
- Have fun with photos, videos, games, eBooks, music, movies, and more!
Mystified by your Android tablet? All its secrets are revealed in these pages!
If this is your first Android tablet, it really should have come with this book attached. Dan Gookin tells you everything you need to know to take full advantage of this magical communication, entertainment, and information gizmo, and it's all in plain English with a bit of humor thrown in. Just decide what you want to do and find out how to do it!
- Meet your Android — learn where to find things, touchscreen typing tips, and how to talk to your tablet
- We have contact — master the address book, set up email, use Hangouts, chat with Skype, wander the web, and be social
- A tablet for all reasons — discover Maps, shoot and edit photos, play music, keep your calendar, watch movies, and play games
- Wireless wonders — explore Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Android Beam connections; share files in the cloud; and manage your apps
- Keep Android happy — with basic security, maintenance, and troubleshooting tips
Open the book and find:
- A tour of the Home screen
- All about apps
- Social media tips for tablets
- How to navigate the Android operating system
- Advice on syncing and backing up
- Configure a kid-safe account
- Tips for taking Android
- Organize your media on the Google Cloud
- Ten important things to remember