- Use NFC in your smartphones, tablets, and smart watches
- Recognize how NFC works with other wireless technologies
- Build and deploy NFC solutions
Discover what the hottest new technology can do for you and your business!
Near Field Communication is the technology that enables Apple Pay, but it does so much more! This plain-English guide explains what NFC is, how it works, how you may already be using it, and some of the exciting ways it will change the future of mobile devices. If you're a developer, investor, manager, or curious smartphone user, this book is for you!
- Making contact — discover how NFC works through the physical contact of two devices
- Nuts and bolts — get an overview of how NFC compares to other wireless technologies, the standards that define its functionality, and the hardware and software involved
- So many possibilities — explore the ways NFC technology can facilitate marketing campaigns, networking, money management, and customer interaction
- NFC and healthcare — learn about ways NFC can facilitate medical records access, scheduling, patient monitoring, and other healthcare functions
- What about security — examine the NFC security features that protect mobile wallet transactions through providers like Apple Pay® and other Pay products.
- Just for fun — see how NFC can enhance game development, entertainment and events
Open the book and find:
- Ways that NFC can save time, money, and resources
- All about the three NFC modes
- How NFC differs from RFID and BLE
- Tips on creating a secure environment
- The four NFC tag types
- What managers and marketers need to know
- Resources for more information
- Ten really cool NFC implementations