Master the OpenStack platform to develop robust scalable applications
Developers are flocking to OpenStack as a free, reliable, fast, and easy platform for developing scalable cloud applications without concern for underlying hardware. Compatible with Amazon Web Services, VMWare, and similar technologies, OpenStack allows developers greater flexibility without compromising performance or security. This guide is a professional-level roadmap to robust OpenStack development, providing detailed instruction on building, deploying, networking, and protecting a large application. Geared toward real-world professional training, the complete build-along example provides a true hands-on learning experience and the opportunity to delve deep into the technologies used at each stage of the development process.
OpenStack Cloud Application Development:
- Explains the use of OpenStack service primitives including compute, storage, networking, and orchestration in building and deploying cloud applications
- Describes the OpenStack Ecosystem and drills down into the deep mechanics of networking
- Details the current Best Practices in the deployment of Virtualized Network Functions for Enterprises, along with expert tips and tricks
- Builds an example application on top of OpenStack to show the benefits of enterprise-level IaaS at a professional pace
- Provides expert instruction on OpenStack security and protection against data loss
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.