Create optimized reports and enhance BI with SQL Server 2016
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 offers new functionality, new capabilities, improved processes, and much more. This book takes you step by step through the upgrades and prepares you to take full advantage of the latest in report design and business intelligence solutions. Along with Reporting Services architecture and BI fundamentals, expert Paul Turley explains key elements of successful report design and leads you through the various design types, explaining their uses and how to maximize each one. Get up to speed and begin optimizing web, desktop, and portal reporting solutions right away.
Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services and Mobile Reports:
- Explains report design techniques for operational, mobile and analytical reporting, BI fundamentals and Reporting Services architecture
- Covers Mobile Report Publisher, and improvements to the SQL Server Data Tools/Visual Studio Report Designer and Report Builder
- Examines the new Web Portal Interface, HTML-5 Rendering, KPIs, Power BI integration, Custom Parameters Pane, and more
- Shows you how to improve usability, query design, and filtering techniques in your reports
- Offers real-world advice on best-practice report design and optimizing common report types
- Brings you fully up to speed on all the features of this significant Microsoft SQL Server upgrade
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.