Build amazing creations with the ultimate beginner's guide to the Raspberry Pi ®
The Raspberry Pi was created to make programming interesting and accessible to kids; with over 9 million sold, the small but mighty Pi has become a phenomenon for all ages. The Raspberry Pi User Guide is the unofficial "official" guide to getting started, with step-by-step instruction from the Pi's creator and a leading Pi guru. Covering everything you need to know about the board and its software, this book starts from the very beginning to get you up and running in no time. You'll discover how to add a camera, keyboard, storage, and more, and how to take your project to the next level by connecting to other devices. No experience? No problem! Clear instructions and expert advice walk you through each step so that you can get the most out of your Raspberry Pi.
This little credit-card-sized computer has spawned a global community of thinkers and tinkerers, inventors and creators. Where will your Pi take you? Find out, with this book as the guide for your next big adventure!
Updated to cover the latest revisions to the Raspberry Pi board and its software, this new fourth edition of the Raspberry Pi User Guide shows you how to:
- Install software and connect to display, audio, network, and more
- Master Linux nomenclature and conventions
- Write your own software using Scratch and Python
- Install, run, and explore Minecraft Pi edition
- Hack hardware and troubleshoot common issues
- Customise your Pi with software, hardware, and network configuration
- Extend the Pi's capabilities with add-ons like Wi-Fi dongles, a touch screen, and more