Leverage Hadoop functionality to build better big data solutions
Open-source and Java-based, with almost no barrier to entry, Hadoop offers a practical big data solution that's quickly gaining market usage. Written by an expert team of certified Hadoop developers, committers, and Summit speakers, this book functions as a self-led training course on the framework's processes and capabilities. Each component is covered individually, culminating in a hands-on project that brings everything together to build a sample application. Skipping over the basics of database development, this book gets right to the point to help experienced developers get up to speed quickly and start employing Hadoop in real-world scenarios.
- Shows you how to configure storage, user experience, and in-memory computing using the Hadoop Stack
- Explains how to use Kafka real-time messaging and Storm data streaming to integrate Hadoop with other systems
- Demonstrates critical security features and techniques, with expert advice on keeping your data safe
- Teaches you the fundamentals of Apache Big Top packaging, testing and configuration, along with faster Map Reduce using Ignite
- Walks you through a sample application build to show how key components work together, with all sample code provided
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.