A professional's guide to the robust language big data demands
As big data and cluster computing applications expand, so too does the need for experienced programmers equipped to handle ever-increasing data requirements. Scala bridges the gap between functional and object-oriented programming, and its Java compatibility has made it an increasingly in-demand language. This book provides experienced programmers with the guidance they need to quickly become productive with Scala in professional production applications. Without wasting time on programming fundamentals, the discussion launches directly into practical Scala topics with the most up-to-date coverage of this rapidly-expanding language. Designed for professionals, by professionals, this book demonstrates the real-world skills needed to work with Scala in production settings.
- Explains syntax, the SBT interactive build tool, the REPL workflow, and the features that make Scala useful in diverse applications
- Links functional and object-oriented programming for a more thorough understanding and quick practical mastery
- Integrates Maven, Scala.js, Scaladoc, Lint, and other useful compatibilities to help expand functionality
- Explores functional design patterns, the Scala's type system, concurrency, documentation, and testing for start-to-finish reference
- Walks through Java compatibility and advanced functional programming topics to demonstrate Scala's full capabilities
- Provides the most up-to-date coverage of this expanding language, by an expert author team
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.