Professional guide to functional programming with Clojure
A modern dialect of Lisp, designed for concurrency and Java compatibility, Clojure offers the solutions many developers are seeking. Clojure's versatility and functionality are drawing more and more attention among enterprise-level developers, especially those looking to streamline their workflow with a step away from imperative programming. This book offers complete reference for the professional, with clear instruction and practical perspective on using Clojure in a real-world setting. Functional programming fundamentals are followed by Clojure-specific guidance, with insight from expert Clojure contributors. As the demand for experienced Clojure developers continues to grow, this guide provides the essential reference professionals need to get up to speed quickly.
- Explores the gap between functional and object-oriented programming, and how Clojure provides a solution for that space
- Describes the read-eval-print loop workflow used in declarative programming for fast feedback loops
- Demonstrates the use of ClojureScript in the design and development of reactive web pages
- Explains Clojure's features, performance, capabilities, and the versatile compatibility that makes it an essential language
- Covers web services, testing, the datomic database, and much more for a complete professional reference and tutorial
- Provides practical insight on real-world applications from expert programmers and Clojure contributors
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.