VMWare next-generation technologies
Traditional storage models are no longer meeting the needs of IT organizations, and the future lies in simpler, less-complex hardware that does not require highly-trained administrators to maintain. In addition, organizations around the world are looking to cut costs without sacrificing performance, availability, or scalability, creating ongoing challenges for storage architects and administrators. VMware is addressing these challenges through the software-defined storage model and Virtual SAN and Virtual Volume technologies; VMware Software-Defined Storage examines these solutions in unprecedented detail to give IT professionals the deep understanding they need to maximize quality storage design.
This book details this next generation of vSphere storage architecture, providing detailed guidance on the design and implementation of a Virtual SAN stretched architecture, legacy storage, storage protocol concepts, and Storage-as-a-Service (STaaS) through vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator.
- Examine classic storage models and vSphere® storage technologies
- Understand policy-driven storage and stretched cluster design
- Design and build for scalability
- Use Virtual SAN and Virtual Volumes effectively
- Adopt a more productive workflow strategy for delivering STaaS
- Implement best practices for monitoring and storage operations design
- Delve into storage strategy, resource economies, architecture, and more
Learn How to Implement a Software-Defined Storage Strategy
Understand Classic Storage Models and Constructs
Coordinate Fabric Connectivity and Storage I/O Architecture
Find Out How to Build A Cloud Management Platform Ecosystem with Virtual SAN
Leverage the vRealize Orchestrator, Operations Manager, and Log Insight