- Master basic Java programming
- Create an Android program from start to finish
- Assemble and debug your own app
The knowledge you need to build Android apps!
Do you have a great idea that you want to turn into an even better app? Java is the building block you need to develop remarkable Android programs. Even if you have zero Java experience, these step-by-step instructions get you going without any head-scratching or hand-wringing. First, you'll explore how Java and Android work together. Then you'll learn Java basics, how to work with Android Studio, and the essentials of object-oriented programming—all while creating and testing real working apps.
- Getting and installing Android Studio and why you need it
- Steps for setting up your app
- Using an Android virtual device
- Java building blocks
- How and why to reuse code
- Testing and debugging tips
- How to build an Android game