Deliver High-Value, Streamlined Enterprise Applications and Systems with DevOps
Enterprise IT has unique needs, capabilities, limitations, and challenges. DevOps is perfectly suited to deliver high-value applications and systems with velocity and agility, enabling innovation and speed while never sacrificing quality. But until now, most DevOps instruction has been focused on start-ups and born-on-the-web companies with an entirely different set of requirements.
In The DevOps Adoption Playbook, IBM Distinguished Engineer Sanjeev Sharma shows you exactly how to adopt DevOps in the enterprise based on your organization's business goals, current state of IT maturity, and IT technologies and platforms. Derived from his own experience helping companies in a wide variety of industries to successfully adopt DevOps, it outlines how to get your organization on board, meet the challenges, and move into the fast lane.
Like a sports playbook, this guide provides "plays" that can be executed for different scenarios and situations within your company. You will learn to create an individual game plan that factors in specifics of your business and get your team working together with a common goal. The DevOps Adoption Playbook shows you how to:
- Understand the elements and capabilities of DevOps
- Respond to the challenges of a multi-speed IT environment
- Identify the business goals that large enterprises can meet with DevOps
- Implement DevOps in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Achieve high-value innovation and optimization with low cost and risk
- Exceed business goals with higher product release efficiency
- Apply DevOps across multiple technologies from mainframe, mobile, containers, microservices, to cloud technologies