Get the most out of your computer with Windows 8 for the Older and Wiser.
You don’t need to know how electricity is generated to use a toaster. Likewise, you don’t need to know how a computer works to use and enjoy your PC. Taking this as their guiding principle, authors Adrian Arnold and Richard Millett explain what you need to know to get up and running with the latest version of the Windows operating system. In Plain, jargon-free English they walk you through everything – from turning on your PC and becoming familiar with screen layouts and icons, to creating files, emailing and shopping online.
In no time you’ll learn how to:
- Confidently use a mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
- Create, save, organize, and find files
- Customise your Windows desktop to suit your needs and personal style
- Get connected to the Internet
- Set up and use email
- Get the news, shop, arrange travel and much more online
- Use programs, navigate menus, set the screen for best visibility, and much more
- Make use of desktop background options, font sizes, widgets, colours, and more